NGE

A little tea, a little chat

I've been a compulsive reader, writer and theatre goer all my life. My book blog is here: http://alittleteaalittlechat.wordpress.com/ Mostly food at the moment but also knitting is here: http://cathyingeneva.wordpress.com/

Democracy Incorporated: Managed Democracy and the Specter of Inverted Totalitarianism
Sheldon S. Wolin
The Temptation of Saint Anthony
Gustave Flaubert
Nebula Award Stories 3
Harlan Ellison, Gary Wright, Samuel R. Delany, Michael Moorcock, Fritz Leiber, Roger Zelazny, J.G. Ballard, Anne McCaffrey
Cosmology and Controversy: The Historical Development of Two Theories of the Universe
Helge Kragh
Gantenbein
Max Frisch
Vieux Carre - Tennessee Williams Saw the play last night at 45 Downstairs. Hesitating between 3 and 4 stars. I'd like to see another production of it some time, which is not to say this was a bad one, but that I'd like a second opinion. In Melbourne it was put on as part of the Midsummer Festival: unfortunately it is therefore being marketed as a play about homosexuality, which it is not - or rather no more so than it is about mental illness, poverty, relations between men and women, the nature of art and the ways in which the people of New Orleans relate to their surroundings....

Not least, it is about whether the cook should spit in the gumbo as it is being prepared.