NGE

A little tea, a little chat

I've been a compulsive reader, writer and theatre goer all my life. My book blog is here: http://alittleteaalittlechat.wordpress.com/ Mostly food at the moment but also knitting is here: http://cathyingeneva.wordpress.com/

Democracy Incorporated: Managed Democracy and the Specter of Inverted Totalitarianism
Sheldon S. Wolin
The Temptation of Saint Anthony
Gustave Flaubert
Nebula Award Stories 3
Harlan Ellison, Gary Wright, Samuel R. Delany, Michael Moorcock, Fritz Leiber, Roger Zelazny, J.G. Ballard, Anne McCaffrey
Cosmology and Controversy: The Historical Development of Two Theories of the Universe
Helge Kragh
Gantenbein
Max Frisch
The Sunlight Dialogues - John Gardner, Charles R. Johnson Maybe I'm not fair to this book or this author, if it comes to that. It was raved about to me by somebody who read books for a bit in their youth and never after. Like they have established their credentials and could rest on them.

I prefer my books to be recommended by people who READ. Is that unreasonable?

To me, a non-reader telling me this book is the best, is like one of those people who can't cook at all, but think they do a mean lasagne because lasagne is so easy. Sorry. IMPOSSIBLE. Avoid this lasagne at all costs.

I feel a bit like this about the book, but I really wouldn't take my word for it.