NGE

A little tea, a little chat

I've been a compulsive reader, writer and theatre goer all my life. My book blog is here: http://alittleteaalittlechat.wordpress.com/ Mostly food at the moment but also knitting is here: http://cathyingeneva.wordpress.com/

Democracy Incorporated: Managed Democracy and the Specter of Inverted Totalitarianism
Sheldon S. Wolin
The Temptation of Saint Anthony
Gustave Flaubert
Nebula Award Stories 3
Harlan Ellison, Gary Wright, Samuel R. Delany, Michael Moorcock, Fritz Leiber, Roger Zelazny, J.G. Ballard, Anne McCaffrey
Cosmology and Controversy: The Historical Development of Two Theories of the Universe
Helge Kragh
Gantenbein
Max Frisch
Through a Glass, Darkly (Commissario Brunetti, #15) - Donna Leon What a bore. As usual with these sorts of writers when they no longer have a plot in them they turn to political-social issues. In this case the relationship between pollution, glass-making and politics in Venice.

It isn't that I totally don't want to read about these things, but if I do, I will not choose to do so via the conduit of a murder-mystery.

So, no plot to speak of, and on top of that, dreadfully proofread. The book is laced with words hyp-enated for no rea-son whatsoever. I'm guessing something was taken out or added and nobody bothered to check the impact on the type-setting.