NGE

A little tea, a little chat

I've been a compulsive reader, writer and theatre goer all my life. My book blog is here: http://alittleteaalittlechat.wordpress.com/ Mostly food at the moment but also knitting is here: http://cathyingeneva.wordpress.com/

Democracy Incorporated: Managed Democracy and the Specter of Inverted Totalitarianism
Sheldon S. Wolin
The Temptation of Saint Anthony
Gustave Flaubert
Nebula Award Stories 3
Harlan Ellison, Gary Wright, Samuel R. Delany, Michael Moorcock, Fritz Leiber, Roger Zelazny, J.G. Ballard, Anne McCaffrey
Cosmology and Controversy: The Historical Development of Two Theories of the Universe
Helge Kragh
Gantenbein
Max Frisch

Little Portia

Little Portia - Simon Gray Arrgghhhhhhhhhhh!! Finally our hero has sex for the first time and...

It's a complete fucking cockup.

Or rather, even worse, it isn't. Quite the opposite if the truth be told. Truth? 'It's a novel' I say to Manny this morning. 'Ha. That's what they all say.'

I am truly shocked by the fact that not one review of this exists, not even a precis of the book or a picture of the cover on goodreads.

But grist to my mill, of course. The utterly pathetic you-all-should-be hanging-your-heads-in-shame-that-you-only-read-the-fashionable and that the period of 20-40 years before the present is always despised for NO GOOD REASON. Not even a bad reason.

More to come when I finish.