NGE

A little tea, a little chat

I've been a compulsive reader, writer and theatre goer all my life. My book blog is here: http://alittleteaalittlechat.wordpress.com/ Mostly food at the moment but also knitting is here: http://cathyingeneva.wordpress.com/

Democracy Incorporated: Managed Democracy and the Specter of Inverted Totalitarianism
Sheldon S. Wolin
The Temptation of Saint Anthony
Gustave Flaubert
Nebula Award Stories 3
Harlan Ellison, Gary Wright, Samuel R. Delany, Michael Moorcock, Fritz Leiber, Roger Zelazny, J.G. Ballard, Anne McCaffrey
Cosmology and Controversy: The Historical Development of Two Theories of the Universe
Helge Kragh
Gantenbein
Max Frisch

The Oxford Companion to Chess, Second Edition

The Oxford Companion to Chess - David Hooper, Kenneth Whyld Pop it by the bed, cruise in and out of it. I'm not saying it's as good as sex, but.

Here are a couple of things I've found out from it lately.

A goodreader recently asked me what the sexiest chess opening is. Well, it turns out there is a Horny Defence, created by Johann Horny, a 19th century German actor. This has got to be a front-runner, doesn't it?

And there is a chess player in here called Pratt and it turns out, Pratt by name...When he played blindfold chess he'd call his moves out in rhyming couplets. Actually, I fancy that would add to your chances of winning.