NGE

A little tea, a little chat

I've been a compulsive reader, writer and theatre goer all my life. My book blog is here: http://alittleteaalittlechat.wordpress.com/ Mostly food at the moment but also knitting is here: http://cathyingeneva.wordpress.com/

Democracy Incorporated: Managed Democracy and the Specter of Inverted Totalitarianism
Sheldon S. Wolin
The Temptation of Saint Anthony
Gustave Flaubert
Nebula Award Stories 3
Harlan Ellison, Gary Wright, Samuel R. Delany, Michael Moorcock, Fritz Leiber, Roger Zelazny, J.G. Ballard, Anne McCaffrey
Cosmology and Controversy: The Historical Development of Two Theories of the Universe
Helge Kragh
Gantenbein
Max Frisch

Bridge Quiz for Improving Players (Master Bridge Series)

Bridge Quiz for Improving Players - Hugh Walter Kelsey, Tim Bourke Problem pp. 57-58 is misanalysed. Is the implication of the title that this book is for the average player? Of course, even the world champion might be improving. So far these problems are really quite challenging and the fact of the misanalysis in itself reflects the complexity of the problems. Further, I'm not sure if, in order to keep the analysis short, there has been a temptation to simplify the nature of the problems.

The problems are interesting, but tougher than you might expect.