NGE

A little tea, a little chat

I've been a compulsive reader, writer and theatre goer all my life. My book blog is here: http://alittleteaalittlechat.wordpress.com/ Mostly food at the moment but also knitting is here: http://cathyingeneva.wordpress.com/

Democracy Incorporated: Managed Democracy and the Specter of Inverted Totalitarianism
Sheldon S. Wolin
The Temptation of Saint Anthony
Gustave Flaubert
Nebula Award Stories 3
Harlan Ellison, Gary Wright, Samuel R. Delany, Michael Moorcock, Fritz Leiber, Roger Zelazny, J.G. Ballard, Anne McCaffrey
Cosmology and Controversy: The Historical Development of Two Theories of the Universe
Helge Kragh
Gantenbein
Max Frisch
Life of Pi - Yann Martel So, I'm reading this book and really quite enjoying it. Love the point that why on earth should animals want to be out in the wild if there is any viable option. Me too. Please do not put me out in the wild, even for my own good. Even because we are animals and that is our natural habitat, out in the wild. If I want to see out in the wild, I will do so on TV narrated by Attenborough. I'm sure that would be the preference of your average beast as well.

Where was I? Yes, reading along, enjoying, then all of a sudden towards the end it transpires this book isn't true!!! It's made up. Am I especially gullible or did other people think it was true too? I was so disappointed.

Not for the first time. Has this ever happened to anybody? I went through a The Bill watching period - all Australians do, what can I say. Well, I thought for the first months it was real.Sort of like reality TV but more real. Like a particularly well-written documentary. I was so disappointed when I found it was people pretending to be policemen. I'm really hoping this has happened to somebody else. Confess, please. I don't want to be the only person ever who thought that The Bill was real.

Um. The queue for selling me bridges is over there. To the right. Next to the line of people who have crown jewels to show me.